Gears of War 3 is fast approaching but Liam Ashley at GCON got a chance to get hands on with the Campaign(Act I) & Arcade Mode. We took the bulletpoints straight from GCON – some things mentioned are recoil in the Retro Lancer, Arcade Mode & Easter Eggs! Read below for more facts from the final game in the Gears of War trilogy.
- “Easter eggs are everywhere, and they are awesome. You’ll have a lot of fun finding them.
- The Retro Lancer blindfire recoil is insane now – your reticule shakes all over the place.
- The sensitivity options have now been increased even further, up to a maximum of 20. Your old beta settings won’t feel the same so prepare to find your sweet spots again.
- Seeing a Crimson Omen on the wall to alert you that COG tags are nearby is so awesome. You won’t realise how much you missed it until you feel that urge to hunt for it surge through you again.
- I got to play roughly 10 minutes of Arcade Mode in solo play using two mutators – Headless Chicken (Headshots don’t kill enemies, they run around still shooting for a while before dying) and Scavenger (No ammo boxes).
- The Sawed-Off didn’t appear once for me during the entirety of Act One
- Trishka from Bulletstorm voices a character in the game”